Peer Review Assessment Tool
Peer Review Impact Guidelines
A service of the
Aims of the project 'Peer Review Extended'
The project aimed at assuring and developing the quality of VET Providers by examining the use of the CQAF in external evaluation of VET providers through Peer Review. Through Peer Review the phases of the CQAF model are implemented in practice because the methodologies are coherent and strongly connected.
A central topic of the project was the research on the implementation of the CQAF and the possible use of Peer Review as a methodology within the CQAF in partner countries.
The project capitalised on the results of the previous project, "Peer Review in initial VET" which developed a first version for a common European Peer Review procedure and tested it in 8 countries in 2006. In the project Peer Review Extended another 4 transnational Pilot Peer Reviews were conducted and evaluated in 2007. VET Providers from Austria and three "new" countries - Germany, Hungary, Spain - were involved.
Specifically, the project
• provided for practical experimentation and further development of the Peer Review methodology in countries which had not taken part before,
• supported the sustainable implementation of Peer Review as an element of the CQAF through the development of practical tools (guidelines, evaluation tools, questionnaires),
• sounded out the contribution of Peer Review to the implementation of the CQAF in the partner countries and developed recommendations for VET providers and the system level,
• promoted transparency and cooperation between VET providers and systems in Europe and
• supported the further build-up and maintenance of a sustainable European Peer Review network including all relevant stakeholders.